Welcome to my cookie blog! I hope to share my latest cookie creations with you, as well as information on how to order your own custom cookies. To see my older cookies, please click on the GALLERY above to view my flickr page. Check back often for lots of yummy goodness!
I am not currently taking orders at this time.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tuesday Tip of the Week
{cooling cookies}

Welcome to another Tuesday Tip of the Week! Every week I'll let you in on a little secret that has helped me perfect my cookies....

Have you ever tried to lift your freshly baked cookies off the cookie sheet only to smoosh or otherwise mangle them? The solution: let your cookies cool ON the cookie sheet for about 5-10 minutes before removing them. This allows the cookies to firm up just enough so that you won't bend, break, or distort them when removing them to the cooling rack.

Once they are firm enough to move, place them on a cooling rack and allow the cookies to cool completely before icing them. My favorite cooling racks are THESE stackable ones from Wilton.



I have 2 sets of 3, so I can stack them high and cool lots of cookies while only taking up a small footprint on my counter, plus they collapse down making them easy to store.

Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment